Sweet and a bit spicy, these spicy honey sweet potatoes are oven-baked and glazed with a touch of honey, Italian seasonings and red pepper flakes. This simple and flavorful sweet potato side is ready in under an hour!
roasted sweet potato slices are the best side dish
Spicy honey sweet potatoes are simply amazing. I make this healthy, oven-baked recipe for my family at least once a week with meatloaf or chicken . And, I admit, I tend to eat this delicious sweet potato side dish by itself on occasion. Here’s why this recipe is the best:
- a bit sweet and a bit spicy
- they’re crisp like fries, but healthier and baked
- chop and bake- that’s it. This recipe is SO easy!
To make roasted, diced spicy sweet potatoes, you’ll only need a few ingredients, including the potatoes, red pepper flakes, honey and an Italian seasoning blend.
Follow these expert tips for the best baked sweet potato bites!
- don’t skip the olive oil– it’s necessary for crispiness
- like your sweet potatoes extra crispy? toss in a bowl with 2 tbsp cornstarch before adding to the pan, then season according to recipe instructions.
how long to bake sweet potatoes at 350
Bake your sweet potato bites at 350 degrees F for approximately 40-45 minutes or until crispy. The preferred temperature is 400 degrees F, reducing your cook time to 35-40 minutes total.
- honey– maple syrup will also work
- red pepper flakes– ground red pepper (be careful to not add too much spice)
- Italian seasoning blend– any blend of your favorite spices work well here
how long do sweet potatoes last in fridge
- store leftover sweet potatoes in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- I do not recommend freezing sweet potatoes, as they typically thaw and become mushy.
reheating sweet potatoes
- reheat sweet potatoes in a skillet with olive oil, oven, or air fryer until nice and crisp again.
- microwaving leftover sweet potatoes is ok as long as you don’t mind a softer texture.
what goes with sweet potatoes
Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- Prepare pan with a silicone or parchment baking sheet and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Dice sweet potatoes into ½- inch cubes.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.
- Add honey, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Toss.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crispy.