This Cajun Chicken Pasta Chilis Copycat recipe is just as creamy and amazing as the restaurant version. Parmesan-crusted chicken breasts on a bed of creamy cajun pasta and a buttery sauce with bell peppers and mushrooms.
tastes just like Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta
- easy to make comfort food
- large enough to feed an entire family, and who doesn’t love chicken?
- simple chicken pasta recipe with cajun sauce
- flavorful and creamy without being spicy
- …and it tastes just like Chilis recipe for cajun chicken pasta!
You’ll use simple ingredients for this copycat recipe. I chose to use bowtie pasta, but you may use whatever pasta you have on hand.
Before you begin, cook pasta according to directions while preparing chicken and veggies.
- You may wish to cut the chicken into bite size pieces before adding to the pasta.
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it will get mushy and will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Thermometer should read 165° when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- This dish isn’t spicy. If you want it spicier, add extra Cajun seasoning.
- save time and make chicken in the air fryer while you’re prepping other ingredients
- red, yellow, and green bell peppers– poblanos or jalapeño (spicy) will work
- mushrooms– omit if you’re not a fan
- chicken- steak will work just as well for this recipe
- parmesan– Pecorino Romano may be used to substitute
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- pasta may be frozen and thawed overnight in the fridge, then reheated.
what to serve with chicken pasta
We love to serve cajun chicken pasta with garlic bread, bruschetta, veggies, or a simple side salad.
Cajun Chicken Pasta- Chilis Copycat
This copycat recipe for Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta is spot on. Delicious, flavorful, and creamy, this delightful dish is sure to impress. Served with crisp, parmesan-crusted chicken breast.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley garnish, optional
- 2 green oinion sliced
- In three shallow dishes, add the flour and cajun seasoning to one bowl, the eggs in another and the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in the third.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg, then in the bread crumbs, making sure to press into the bread crumbs to coat well.
- Cook the chicken in batches, turning the chicken on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Use a thermometer to check for doneness.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse to stop cooking.
- Clean the pan from the chicken and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add the peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and keep warm.
- Melt butter in the pan, then whisk in the flour. Cook for a minute then whisk in the Cajun seasoning, salt and chicken broth. Whisk until it begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the cream and add the cheese, stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
how to assemble
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the pasta with parsley and sliced green onions. Add a piece of chicken on top of the pasta.
- Serve with your favorite salad and garlic toast.
Leftovers Store up to 3 days in an air tight container in the fridge Freeze pasta up to 3 months, thaw overnight and reheat when ready to enjoy
Calories: 1107kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 246mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 1032mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3508IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 376mg | Iron: 4mg
more comforting pasta recipes…
Creamy Baked Chicken Spaghetti
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole
Leave a Reply