This Snickers Cheesecake has creamy layers of peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake baked atop a crunchy Oreo crust. Chopped snickers and peanuts are layered on top of the finished cheesecake then drizzled with smooth caramel for the final touch.
the perfect layered cheesecake
This is the best Snickers Cheesecake.
- It’s all about the layers: peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake are sandwiched between a layer of caramel and Snickers topping and Oreo crust
- Inspired by the Cheesecake Factory’s Snickers Cheesecake
- A chocolate, peanut butter, caramel lover’s dream, this cheesecake is gorgeous!
I’m always making this cheesecake for birthday parties, celebrations or as a yummy treat for my family.
This Snickers Cheesecake has 4 parts:
- Oreo crust
- chocolate cheesecake layer: includes ½ of cheesecake base mixed with melted chocolate chips
- peanut butter layer: includes ½ of cheesecake base mixed with softened peanut butter
how to make a snickers cheesecake
Before you begin, pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
What you’ll need: a mixer, 9” springform pan, large pan for water bath and parchment paper.
1. crust directions
2. make the cheesecake layers
First, make the cheesecake base. Then, the base will be split into 2 parts to form the chocolate layer and peanut butter layer.
3. layer and bake
Take care to not mix the two layers when adding them to the pan.
Follow these tips to make the perfect Snickers Cheesecake, every time.
- Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl when creaming the cream cheese. The smoother the cream cheese is before adding additional ingredients, the easier it will be to make a smooth cheesecake batter. If cream cheese lumps do remain at the end of making the batter, simply press them against the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula to disperse them as best as possible.
- Do not whip the batter too much after the eggs are added as too much air will be incorporated which can cause the cheesecake to crack when baking.
- Do not skip the water bath. If you do not have a deep enough pan to fill with 1” of water, simply use a pan with enough lip to hold a little bit of water. Halfway through baking, or when all of the water has evaporated, carefully add more water. The water bath is imperative to preventing cracks in the cheesecake.
- Be sure to let the cheesecake chill for the proper amount of time. This aids in completely setting the cheesecake which enhances the creaminess of it.
- Oreos – Graham crackers may be used for a more traditional crust. If you choose to use this substitution, add 3 Tbs sugar to the crust.
- Sour cream – Plain or Greek yogurt may be used instead with a slight flavor difference as the consequence due to the lack of acidity. For additional acidity, add 2 tsp lime juice.
how to store leftover cheesecake
Cheesecake may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This cheesecake freezes really well. For quick serving purposes, I like to slice the cheesecake, wrap each slice in plastic wrap then freeze. When I’m ready for a slice, I take one out of the freezer and let it set on the counter for 15-20 minutes to thaw.
what to serve with cheesecake
Snickers cheesecake is best served with a tall glass of milk, coffee, or fresh fruit.
- mixer stand or hand held
- springform pan 9 inch
- roast pan for water bath
- 2½ cups Oreos crushed
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 24 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
peanut butter layer
- ½ cheesecake batter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter softened
- ½ cheesecake batter
- ½ cup chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup snickers chopped
- caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9” springform pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- To make the crust, place both ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the springform pan in an even layer. Place the pan into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool slightly while you make the cheesecake batter. Increase the oven temp to 400 F.
- To make the cheesecake batter, start by adding the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat together on high speed for 90 seconds to ensure the mixture is creamy. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl down to fully incorporate and cream all of the cream cheese. Next, add the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and salt to the bowl. Beat together for 30 seconds or until fully incorporated. Lastly, add in the eggs and mix for 15-20 seconds, just until the eggs have incorporated. Divide the cheesecake batter in half and place in two separate bowls.
- For the peanut butter layer, mix the softened peanut butter to one bowl of cheesecake batter and stir until well combined. For the chocolate layer, mix the melted chocolate into the other bowl of cheesecake batter until well combined. Spoon the peanut butter layer into the springform pan on top of the oreo crust and smooth out. Gently spoon the chocolate cheesecake on top of the peanut butter layer and very gently smooth to avoid pushing the chocolate cheesecake down into the peanut butter layer.
- Wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from seeping in. Place the springform pan into a larger baking dish or broiler pan. Fill the broiler pan with 1” warm water. Place the pans into the oven to bake at 400 F for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temp down to 250 F and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. Once baked, turn the oven off and let the cheesecake rest with the oven closed for 30 minutes. Prop the door open and let the cheesecake rest for 30 more minutes. Once rested, remove the cheesecake from the oven and unwrap the foil from around the springform pan. Place the springform pan onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, cover and place in the fridge to chill for at least 8 hours.
- Once the cheesecake has chilled, remove from the fridge and uncover. Release the springform and pull the pan sides up off of the cheesecake. To serve, sprinkle peanuts and chopped snickers onto the top of the cheesecake then drizzle with caramel. Slice and serve.
more cheesecake recipes…
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Triple Berry Cheesecake
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
So rich and creamy. We loved it.