This easy, stovetop recipe for lobster ravioli sauce is creamy, buttery and rich. Drizzle this delicious sauce over silky ravioli for the ultimate Italian seafood feast.
the best sauce for lobster ravioli
What sauce goes with lobster ravioli? This sauce, of course! A little goes a long way with this cream sauce for lobster ravioli and it’s full of buttery Italian flavors.
The great thing about this easy sauce for lobster ravioli is it’s really versatile!
Admittedly, the first time I made lobster ravioli, I was clueless about the sauce! For lobster-stuffed pasta served with a creamy, buttery sauce, these are the best ingredients:
- Lobster Ravioli– your favorite brand (frozen or fresh)
- Butter– melted
- Old Bay Seasoning– *or a bit of cajun seasoning, or make your own
- Parsley– fresh or dried will do
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese– fresh grated or pre-shredded, for topping
- Lemon juice / lemon zest – optional
- fresh thyme– for garnish
This recipe is so simple and easy, there’s really only two steps!
- First, melt butter in a medium pot. Add in other ingredients, and whisk until incorporated.
- Next, add ravioli until fully cooked (see recipe notes for frozen vs. thawed ravioli cook times).
Frozen ravioli vs. Fresh
If using frozen ravioli, cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
If using fresh ravioli, cook until just heated (overcooking will cause the ravioli to tear apart).
Leftover lobster ravioli can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Make it thick
use 1/2 block of cream cheese added to the sauce
Old Bay may be substituted for lemon pepper or your favorite seafood seasoning blend.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
The Italian lobster sauce (without ravioli) may be cooked in larger batches and stored in a sealed jar or zippered freezer bag for later use.
- How do I make ravioli sauce without cream?
- Instead of butter and heavy cream, use 1⁄2 teaspoon corn starch and 1⁄2 cup of almond milk for the thick, creamy texture.
how to use this cream sauce with other recipes?
- pour it over an open lobster tail
- as a shrimp scampi sauce
- with canned crab for the perfect easy bisque
- with cheese ravioli
- lump crab or crab cakes
- atop salmon or tilapia
what to serve with lobster ravioli?
Serve lobster ravioli with
Lobster Ravioli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning *or cajun seasoning blend
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups lobster ravioli (or one small 8oz. package)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated/ shredded
- 1 lemon wedge
- fresh thyme for garnish
- Add butter to medium saucepan. As it melts, add in other ingredients exccept parmesan cheese.
- Add frozen lobster ravioli and simmer on medium heat for approximately 7-10 minutes. Be careful to not overcook the ravioli, or it may fall apart.
- Top with parmesan cheese and thyme garnish. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top (optional).