This hearty tomato soup is fast and easy, made with fresh carrots and canned tomatoes, right in the Instant Pot. Try this thick and delicious soup as creamy or traditional-style.
Is tomato soup healthy?
Yes, tomatoes contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant linked to health benefits. You wouldn’t know it’s so healthy because there’s so much flavor in this delectable soup.
Tomatoes are high in folate, potassium, Vitamin K and C and help fight cancer and diseases of the heart. Be sure to also check out our healthy veggie hamburger soup and chicken rice soup.
This recipe calls for only a few simple ingredients made in one pot. And one super secret ingredient that makes all the difference.
- Sweet onion
- Crushed tomatoes (canned)
- Beef/chicken/veggie broth
- Minced garlic
- Fresh salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp honey (the super secret ingredient)
- Sofrito seasoning (optional)
How many calories does tomato soup have?
This recipe has less than 200 calories per 1 cup serving, making it a healthy choice.
How many carbs does tomato soup have?
This recipe for instant pot tomato soup has under 20 carbs per serving.
How long will tomato soup keep in the fridge?
Tomato soup will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days in a sealed container.
Can I freeze tomato soup?
You may freeze the soup in an airtight zippered freezer storage bag for up to a month or two.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator prior to reheating.
How do I make this recipe in the slow cooker?
To make this recipe in the slow cooker, I recommend adding all ingredients and heating on low for 4 to 6 hours.
How do I make it creamy?
To make this soup creamy, add 1 cup of heavy cream or 4 ounces cream cheese after pressure cooking, while the soup is still hot.
What can I add to tomato soup?
Some other ingredients to customize your soup include:
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Roasted red peppers
- Tortellini (add after pressure cooking, if using fresh noodles)
How do I make instant pot tomato soup?
Instant pot tomato soup is so easy to make and full of robust flavor.
Simply add your ingredients to the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 4 minutes!
Other recipe substitutions/additions:
- Try fire-roasted or seasoned tomatoes instead of regular
- Swap carrots for roasted red peppers
What sides go with tomato soup?
The best side dishes for homemade tomato soup are:
- Grilled cheese (like white American cheese or pepper jack)
- Cheese crisps or croutons
- Parmesan cheese
- Side salad (like Cesar or chicken salad)
What are things I can make with leftovers?
Some awesome ideas for leftover tomato soup include adding:
- Cooked rice
- Pasta, such as macaroni or tortellini
- Using this hearty soup as a sauce with hamburger in spaghetti and meatballs
Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Add all ingredients to instant pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Vent (release) pressure after 2 minutes natural release.
More soups to love…
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Instant Pot Broccoli Soup
Baked Potato Soup
Leave a Reply