This creamy Chick-fil-A macaroni and cheese recipe is easy to make right at home in the Instant Pot. With only 3 steps, I save lots of money and can quadruple the recipe!
why we love this copycat chick fil a mac and cheese
My son just loves the cheesy, creamy chick fil a mac n cheese. However, we don’t always have access to the restaurant, plus we can make it at home in larger quantities! A few reasons why my family makes this recipe so often:
- lower cost than the restaurant version
- larger quantity to feed a big family
- super cheesy and creamy
- fast and easy side dish for any dinner
how to make Copycat Chick-fil-A macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot
This simple recipe is really only 3 steps!
- pressure cook elbow macaroni
- add in other ingredients
how long will macaroni keep in the fridge?
Typically, macaroni and cheese will keep up to 5 days stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
can I freeze macaroni and cheese?
You may freeze cooked macaroni and cheese for up to a month in a sealed zippered freezer bag.
No Instant Pot? Make Chick-fil-A macaroni and cheese on the stovetop in 3 easy steps
- Bring salted water to a boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and reduce to medium heat, cooking up to 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Drain pasta and add remaining ingredients!
What are things I can make with leftover macaroni and cheese?
- Bake in a casserole with breadcrumbs
- roll into balls, coat with egg and breadcrumbs for fried mac and cheese “bites”
- add veggies for healthy mac and cheese
Looking to jazz up your macaroni and cheese? Try these tips!
- recipe substitutions
- broccoli, carrots, or other veggie
- hot sauce/cajun seasoning
- diced jalapeños
- diced chicken
What can I substitute for elbow macaroni?
Instead of elbow macaroni, you can use this recipe with other small pastas, such as:
- bowtie pasta
what to serve with mac n cheese
Macaroni and cheese is best served with a protein, like bbq chicken/fish, or with some veggies.
- Easy Air Fryer Tilapia (Flakey, Parmesan Crusted)
- Baked chicken breasts
- Roasted broccoli with parmesan
Copycat Chick-fil-A Macaroni and Cheese
- Add the uncooked macaroni, butter, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release.
- Add remaining ingredients, beginning with cheeses, then heavy cream, garlic, and dijon (optional).
MAIN DISHES FOR MAC AND CHEESE
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF
LOBSTER RAVIOLI SAUCE