These simple chocolate chip cookies are so easy with only 3 ingredients: Chocolate chip cookie mix, pumpkin purée, and butter. No time for holiday baking? No problem.
Easy holiday treats, like my pumpkin bread pudding and Oreo pumpkin blondies, had me thinking about other ways to use pumpkin purée. Turns out, it’s easy to add pumpkin into cookie mix for the perfect Fall dessert.
Having extra cookie mix, I rushed to test out this easy recipe!
Ingredients for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
The hard work is already finished with this simple recipe! Make these easy cookies with only 3 ingredients:
- Dry cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker, no eggs needed)
- pumpkin purée
How to make lazy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
To make these cookies, simply add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
Using a small ice cream scoop, add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake until cookies are still just a bit soft and remove.
Add-ins for pumpkin cookies
You can add 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or nuts to this recipe, if desired.
Store these cookies for up to 3 days in an air-tight container at room temperature. They will keep longer stored in the fridge (about a week).
If you have leftover cookies, try making chocolate chip pumpkin bites!
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes, you may freeze these cookies and thaw overnight in the fridge. Simply reheat in the microwave.
Tips for the perfect cookies every time
Cookies too gooey? Cook longer or add in less pumpkin purée. You may also try adding 2 tbsp flour to the mix.
Cookies too hard? Cook at a lower temperature or for less time.
The trick is removing them from the oven when they’re still a bit soft and gooey.
Cookies always harden up a bit once removed from the oven.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 7.5 oz package Betty Crocker cookie mix (or preferred brand, with no eggs required)
- ½ stick butter melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp pumpkin purée
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using a whisk or blender.
- °Using an ice cream scoop, add balls to a pan, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and remove when center is just solidified (still a bit gooey).
Leave a Reply