Bread pudding is so easy to make in the instant pot. Simple set the timer and go about your holiday cooking. The most effortless holiday dessert with decadent toppings!
Bread pudding in the instant pot?
Absolutely, and I can’t believe I didn’t try this recipe sooner. It’s the easiest and my favorite effortless holiday dessert next to my Halloween fudge, no-bake pumpkin cheesecake bars, pumpkin pancakes and sweet potato muffins.
The following ingredients work best for pumpkin bread pudding:
- heavy cream
- half and half
- brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
How to make bread pudding in the Instant Pot
Make this easy bread pudding in just a few steps:
- whisk ingredients
- pour over bread and soak
- pressure cook
Best toppings for pumpkin bread pudding
- vanilla, caramel, or chocolate ice cream
- caramel drizzle
- buttercream frosting/icing
- cream cheese frosting
- glazed cranberries and walnuts (as pictured)
- whipped cream or cool whip
Store bread pudding in an air-tight refrigerated container for up to 4-5 days.
Can I freeze bread pudding?
Yes, you can freeze bread pudding for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.
However, hold off on adding the sauce/drizzle until after thawing overnight in the refrigerator.
How to make perfect bread pudding every time
Which baking disk to use? Use a round, 6×3 inch aluminum pan or glass baking dish.
Spray your pan with non-stick cooking oil before adding bread pudding mixture.
Cover your pan with aluminum foil and place it on a trivet after adding 1.5 cups water to instant pot.
Which pans are ok to use in the pressure cooker?
A pan is generally safe for pressure cooking if it’s oven safe, but always check your manufacturer’s directions if unsure.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- instant pot / pressure cooker
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree from can
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups baguette bread sliced into cubes
- Spray 6×3 inch aluminum pan with non-stick spray and set aside. Add 1½ cup water to inside of Instant Pot.
- Whisk all ingredients (except bread), then pour over bread. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add batter to aluminum pan. Press and smooth out. Secure aluminum foil on top of pan.
- Place pan onto trivet in Instant Pot. Cook at high pressure for 40 minutes. Quick release.
- Serve with cream cheese icing, ice cream, candied nuts and/or craisins.
Notes:Storage Store bread pudding in an air-tight refrigerated container for up to 4-5 days. Can I freeze bread pudding? Yes, you can freeze bread pudding for up to 3 months in an air-tight container. However, hold off on adding the sauce/drizzle until after thawing overnight in the refrigerator.
More bread pudding recipes…
Honey Bun Bread Pudding
Peach Bread Pudding
Apple Bread Pudding
Leave a Reply