Corn Chip Salad is made with corn kernels, cheese, smoked paprika, Fritos, peppers, and red onion in a flavorful party dish everyone will love.
our favorite summer salad
This Corn Chip Salad salad is a summer favorite at BBQs and parties and it’s an easy appetizer. There’s never any left as it is always a crowd-pleaser. Truly the best dip for large gatherings.
what you’ll need
For this summer salad recipe, you’ll only need a few tasty ingredients.
The great thing about this Corn Chip Salad is you can customize the ingredients to fit your taste preferences. Here’s some ingredient ideas:
- cheddar– pepper jack or Mexican cheese blend
- peppers– use jalapeño or bell pepper for a milder taste
- mayonnaise– sour cream may be used in place of mayo
how to make salad with corn chips
Frito corn salad is too easy!
- Mix bacon, cheese, corn, onion and pepper in a large bowl
- Add mayo and paprika, then chill if not serving right away
- Before serving, top with corn chips when ready to serve
- Serve cold.
can I use canned corn for this recipe?
Yes, use grilled, cooked or canned will work fine, depending on your preference.
storing leftover corn salad
To store leftovers, be sure not to add the corn chips yet. Keep the remainder of the corn chip salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to consume, remove and add corn chips.
what to serve with corn chip salad
This dish is best served as an appetizer or party dip, chilled and with corn chips or Fritos. Frito Corn Salad is delicious when paired with burgers, BBQ chicken or pork.
Corn Chip Salad
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can southwest corn drained
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced (or green bell pepper)
- ¼ cup bacon bits optional
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ tsp smoked paprika or taco seasoning blend
- 9.75 bag corn chips favorite flavor
- Combine both types of corn, mayonnaise, onion, jalapeno, bacon bits, cheddar cheese and paprika together in a bowl.
- Crush half of the corn chips and stir into the corn right before serving. Top with remaining chips.
- Stir in some crushed corn chips right before serving so it doesn’t get soggy. Add some larger corn chips to the top of the salad.
- If you can’t find any southwest corn, just use 2 cans of corn and add some diced green and red pepper to the dish.
- Make sure the corn is drained well so the salad isn’t watery.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Leave a Reply