Clean-up is a snap with Air Fryer Meatloaf, which cooks in a fraction of the time and requires less effort for busy weeknights. This 30 minute meatloaf recipe has a tasty zesty, thick topping you’ll love.
why you’ll love this recipe
Our whole family loves this air fryer version of meatloaf so much. We typically have this easy one-pot dinner at least once per week.
- Compared to an oven recipe, this simple recipe may be cooked in roughly half the time.
- Rather of cooking the beef in the fat, it drains into the pan, making this meatloaf less greasy and more healthy (also try out healthy turkey meatloaf).
- With this recipe, you get 2 small loaves (and you get more of those coveted crispy edges!)
Here’s what you’ll need to get started on this thick and chunky air fryer meatloaf recipe.
- Ground beef – I used 85/15 but you can use any you prefer. Ground turkey/chicken will also work for this recipe.
- Bread crumbs – seasoned, Italian or plain
- Carrot – great way to get in more vegetables, plus they help keep the meatloaf moist
- Garlic– fresh, minced
- Cottage cheese – small curd – I prefer this to milk for moisture in the meatloaf
- Ketchup – any brand
- Tomato sauce– any brand
- Brown sugar– any brand will work for this recipe
- Dijon mustard– any brand
- Worcestershire sauce– use your favorite brand
- Onion – white or yellow
An easy and fast method to prepare a tasty dinner, air fryer meatloaf just requires a few simple steps! Before placing the meatloaf in the air fryer, allow 5 minutes to pre-heat and be sure to line your air fryer basket with foil for an easy clean-up.
- To avoid overcooking, check the meatloaf during the cooking process.
- Slicing the meatloaf is easier if you let it rest before doing so.
- Frying fatty foods in an air fryer can cause smoking. To prevent this, you can put a piece of bread under the rack in the bottom of the basket. In case the grease spills, the bread will soak it up.
How to tell when meatloaf is ready?
Check the meatloaf’s internal temperature with an instant read or meat thermometer to ensure it reaches the required temperature of 165° F in an air fryer.
what are the best seasonings for meatloaf?
Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese on top of the breadcrumbs before they’re combined with egg yolks, as well as a few sprinkles of Italian seasonings for extra flare. Other seasonings that work well in meatloaf include:
- Italian blend
how to make meatloaf more juicy
You can use half the sauce on the meatloaf and cook in the air fryer, then spoon the remainder after it is finished, before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze for up to 3 months in a sealed, zippered bag.
best way to reheat meatloaf
Meatloaf is best reheated in the microwave or oven at a low temperature. A few minutes in the microwave or 10-15 minutes at 250 F in the oven should do the trick.
what to serve with meatloaf
These sides go perfectly with homemade meatloaf:
- Mexican street corn
- Southern Potatoes or Roast Air Fryer Potatoes
- mashed potatoes
- Macaroni and Cheese
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air fryer
- ¼ c onion minced
- ¼ c carrot shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ¼ c small curd cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs ground beef 90% lean recommended
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs Italian Seasoned recommended
- ½ c ketchup
- ¼ c tomato sauce
- ¼ c brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp onion minced
- Preheat the air fryer at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Line the air fryer basket with tin foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, carrot, garlic, ketchup, mustard, beaten eggs, cottage cheese, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix in the hamburger and bread crumbs by hand or with a large spoon until well combined.
- Form 2 large loaf shaped pieces, and place in the air fryer basket.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and set at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the meat loaves and place back in the air fryer. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat loaves and place on a serving tray. Spoon remaining sauce over the loaves and serve with your favorite side dishes.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce together in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat for 4 minutes, stirring often.
More beef recipes…
Korean Sloppy Joes
Leave a Reply