Thick and juicy air fryer burgers are a quick and easy way to get a supper ready in no time. Simply wrap your patties in foil and you’ve got air fryer cheeseburgers in 10 minutes with minimal clean up.
In the Air Fryer, juicy hamburgers, cheeseburgers, or beef sliders mean less struggle and more flavor. You’ll want to make these moist and juicy air fryer cheeseburgers time and time again!
Cheeseburgers are just the best, am I right?
The air fryer creates an incredible taste that you simply cannot get enough of. The cool thing is, by making burgers in the air fryer, you don’t even need a stovetop or grill. It’s the easiest comfort food.
- Beef-I recommend using a lean cut of ground beef for this recipe. It has less fat and and it will produce fewer greasy spills/ fumes from your air fryer.
- Garlic powder-This is entirely optional, but it adds a lot of flavor to the burger.
- Cheese-Use your favorite slice of cheese. I prefer traditional American or pepper jack.
- Worcestershire sauce– gives the burger a smoky, robust flavor.
- Breadcrumbs– I use regular breadcrumbs.
- Egg– gives body and structure to the burger.
spicy mayo ingredients
You’ll need the following simple ingredients for the spicy burger sauce:
- ground chili or chipotle
- Sriracha or similar hot sauce (Frank’s)
Air Fryer Cheeseburgers are really simple and quick to prepare!
- Mix all of the ingredients and shape the ground beef into 3-4 separate patties.
- Air fry for approximately 10 minutes at 375 degrees. If adding cheese, place on directly after cooking and removing foil.
- flatten the center of the patties even more as it helps them to cook evenly and prevents the middle from thickening too much.
- If you have a burger press/mold, then it will be even easier.
what are the best sides for burgers?
My family loves burgers with pickles, fries and potato chips.
If you want to offer air fryer french fries with your burgers, it’s best to air fry them while you dress your burger. I also love my burgers with air fryer roast potatoes.
Fresh potato fries cook in 14 minutes at 380 degrees F (add 5-7 min. if frozen) in the air fryer.
best toppings for cheeseburgers
Other toppings that are perfect for burgers include chili, mushrooms and Swiss cheese, beer cheese, onion fries, bacon, jalapeño, and banana peppers.
Season with salt and pepper, along with garlic powder, burger seasoning or cajun seasoning blend for a spicy burger. I’ve also used red pepper flakes for extra spice.
can I make frozen burgers in the air fryer?
Even frozen hamburger patties taste good with a little more cook time. Prepping patties ahead of time and freezing can be a time-saver in the long run!
How to make burgers from frozen in the air fryer
- cook at 375°F for 6 minutes
- flip and cook for an additional 6-7 minutes on the opposite side
- No matter how you cook your burger, make sure the internal temperature reaches 160°F
how to freeze these burgers
- cooked beef patties will last in the freezer for up to 3 months in a sealed, zippered bag.
- Raw patties will last for longer, about 6 months. Keep each patty separated with parchment paper or wrapped individually in plastic wrap and in an airtight container.
how to tell when air fryer burgers are done
You should cook burgers until their internal temperature reaches a minimum of 160°F to prevent undercooking.
best beef for air fryer burgers
I used fresh ground beef in this dish, and I’ve found the best quality is to buy directly from the meat counter at your local grocer.
An 80/20 blend of ground beef contains just the proper percentage of fat included to make the patties moist without allowing too much liquid to run off.
You may also use lean ground beef.
can I make this recipe with ground turkey or chicken?
Yes, this recipe works perfectly with ground chicken or turkey burgers.
Air Fryer Burgers
- Air fryer
- 1 lb ground beef 20% fat
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tomato large and ripe
- 1 red onion
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or preferred cheese
Spicy Burger Sauce
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Season ground beef with salt, pepper in a medium bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine (I like to do it by hand). Refrigerate for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Divide the beef mixture into four equal parts directly in the bowl. Form 4 compact balls. Flatten the balls into 3/4-inch patties about 4-1/2 inches across.
- Wrap in foil and place in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Immediately top with cheese, if desired.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
MORE BEEF RECIPES…
Korean Sloppy Joes
This was so delicious, thank you!
Absolutely, thanks for stopping by!